Sleep Apnea Testing
Easy take-home sleep study device provided at no cost.
How It Works
Peak Sleep Clinic conducts home sleep apnea testing (HSAT), where we provide a no-cost overnight take-home testing device for participants. The device records snoring, breathing, oxygen levels and heart rate, which helps determine if you have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and level of severity.
- Get a referral from your family doctor. A referral is mandatory for sleep studies. (We can help with this.)
- Peak Sleep Clinic will call you for an appointment at one of our locations in Calgary, Okotoks, Strathmore, Red Deer or Edmonton.
- You will be set up with a HSAT device by one of our Respiratory Therapists or Sleep Technicians. An instruction sheet is also sent home with the device, in case you forget any information.
- Have a good night’s rest.
- Please return the device by 11:00 AM the next day.
Your sleep study will then be read by our Sleep Specialists and we will arrange an appointment to discuss your results. If you are diagnosed with sleep apnea, we offer CPAP therapy as the gold standard of treatment.
We offer no-obligation optimization periods for CPAP machines and masks. Once you have adjusted well to the therapy, you may purchase machines directly from us. A portion of the CPAP machine’s expense is typically covered under extended health coverage. Call our clinics to learn more about CPAP therapy.
Call us today at 403-265-8149 to learn more.