Our 'Peak' Promise for a Quality Sleep
We offer professional testing and treatment for sleep apnea with our many accredited sleep apnea clinics in Calgary and throughout Alberta.
Peak Sleep is the Leading Sleep Apnea Clinic in Alberta
Peak Sleep Clinic provides professional treatment for sleep apnea in Calgary, Edmonton, Okotoks, Strathmore and Red Deer. Our team of trusted Respirologists, Respiratory Therapists and Sleep Techs are dedicated to providing top quality patient care. Whether you’re unsure if you have sleep apnea, need to get tested or actively looking for sleep apnea treatment, we at Peak Sleep Clinic are happy to assist you.
Although it is a serious and chronic condition, sleep apnea is highly treatable. Find out how likely you are to have sleep apnea by taking our quiz.
Get The Right Treatment At Our Sleep Centres in Alberta
It is critical to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Without treatment, sleep apnea may increase the risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, obesity, and motor vehicle collisions. Treatment will depend on the severity of your Sleep Apnea. The gold standard of treatment is Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
Obtain a referral from your family physician, and we will contact you directly to set-up an appointment. Call our office today at 403-265-8149 or contact us to learn more about our services.
The Peak Promise
Comprehensive Testing and Diagnosis
Peak Sleep Clinic offers free comprehensive Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT) by our Respiratory Therapists and Sleep Techs. This test will record your oxygen levels, heart rate, airflow, snoring, and restlessness. Our Sleep Specialist will then accurately diagnose the severity of obstructive sleep apnea based on the data.
Superior Patient Care
Our Respiratory Therapists, Sleep Techs are committed to providing the best treatment and ongoing therapy for your sleep apnea.
We carry CPAP therapy equipment and accessories that are personalized to you to help you attain a good night's sleep.
Long-term CPAP Monitoring
Through our Peak Loyalty Program and remote monitoring technology, Peak Sleep Clinic provides ongoing support for all of our patients and strive to help you achieve the quality of sleep you deserve!
We regularly follow up with our patients to ensure optimal treatment and answer any concerns or questions. Peak Sleep is dedicated to assisting you every step of the way!
We are the #1 Sleep Apnea Clinic in Alberta
Peak Sleep Clinic offers no-cost overnight take-home sleep studies throughout Alberta, with locations in Calgary, Strathmore, Red Deer, Okotoks, and Edmonton. If you are diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, Peak Sleep Clinic provides CPAP equipment support.
Do you have Sleep Apnea?
Always wake up feeling tired and with no energy to do the things you love?
Does your snoring disrupt your bed partner? You may be suffering from sleep apnea. Take our online assessment to see how at risk you are.
Purchase CPAP machines and accessories online using the Peak Loyalty Program. We also offer lifetime service and three-year warranties on our machines.
What People Are Saying About Peak Sleep Clinic
“I was overweight, I slept on my back and I snored like a bear hibernating. I didn’t have the best diet and not to mention I didn’t have the best lifestyle. I needed a change and with all the research I’d been doing it all came down to the quality of sleep. Fast forward to my initial appointment at Peak Sleep, the process of getting tested, finding the results and ultimately coming up with a plan to help my condition was flawless. I’m happy to say that my lifestyle has changed. I’ve lost weight, changed a bunch of bad habits and with the use of my CPAP machine, my sleep is now more quality. The hardest part was accepting it. The staff at Peak Sleep helped me achieve my goals and followed up to make sure my path to quality sleep was priority. Thank you for changing my life.” – K Ramji
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- EXCESS WEIGHT
- LARGE NECK CIRCUMFERENCE
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- AIRWAY STRUCTURE
- MIDDLE AGE (50+)
- GENETIC INHERITANCE
- EXCESSIVE DAYTIME SLEEPINESS
- LOUD SNORING
- NIGHTTIME CHOKING & GASPING
- SOCIAL AND MARITAL PROBLEMS
- DECREASED SEX DRIVE
- GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE (GERD)
- RESTLESS SLEEP / HEAVY SWEATING
- WITNESSED APNEA
- DEPRESSION AND MEMORY LOSS
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Irregular heart beat
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Weight gain
- Deteriorating memory and concentration
- Mood disorders
- Worsening asthma
- Severe untreated sleep apnea is more dangerous than smoking heavily as it can lead to more intricate health issues.
- Patients with severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and are non-compliant with CPAP therapy, have a higher mortality rate when compared to heavy smokers.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule, even on the weekends or your days off.
- Keep your room cool. The best temperature for sleeping is 18C.
- Avoid taking naps during the day. If you must nap, no more than 20 minutes. It can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol too close to bedtime. While alcohol is well known to help the onset of sleep, it disrupts sleep quality. And remember, chocolate has caffeine!
- Exercise can promote good sleep. Vigorous exercise should be done in the morning or late afternoon. A relaxing exercise, like yoga, can be done before bed to help get a restful night’s sleep.
- Avoid having large meals close to bedtime. Dietary changes can also cause sleep problems.
- Ensure adequate exposure to natural light. Light exposure helps maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
- Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Don’t bring your problems to bed.
- Associate your bed with sleep. It's not a good idea to use your bed to watch TV, listen to the radio or read.